Avocado and Chickpea salad with Borlotti beans, Quinoa and wild rice! Lets face it, salad’s are pretty boring, but not this one!! I always make a giant bowl of salad at the beginning of the week and eat bowls of it with my meals throughout the week. If you add enough good stuff to the salad then it’s a powerhouse that is good enough on it’s own and tastes amazing!! This one is literally just heaps of good stuff thrown together with a little olive oil drizzled on top … Easy!
What you need:
1 can borlotti beans
1 can chickpeas
half an avocado
A microwave packet of quinoa and wild rice combo (or cook your own or use leftover rice/quinoa)
A bowl of baby spinach leaves
A bowl of salad leaf mix
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Cracked Black Pepper
1. Microwave your wild rice/quinoa, let it cool for 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of your salad
2. Get a big salad bowl and throw in your cans of chickpeas and beans
3. Chop up all your salad leaves and spinach leaves and add to the bowl
4. Add your wild rice/quinoa to the bowl
5. Drizzle with a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil, some salt and pepper and then mix… Mix … MIX!!!
6. When you serve your salad then slice up half and avocado and put on top
7. This is one salad that is actually worth getting excited about!