Taco’s or wraps are ultra simple to make and with just a few amazing ingredients you can turn the humble taco/wrap into such an awesome and simple lunch!
Source: Original Post can be found on The Garden Grazer website here: http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2014/05/black-bean-tacos-with-avocado-cilantro.html. We dont often reposts other people’s recipes but this just looked too good to be true!! We tweaked it a little so you can make it really easily at work!
What you need:
Two cans black beans
1 cup/jar salsa
1 tsp. cumin
Soft Corn tortillas
Toppings of your choice: Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Avocado, Cilantro/Coriander
1/2 ripe avocado
Handful of Coriander/cilantro
Juice from 1 lime
1 clove garlic chopped very finely (or ditch the garlic if your worried about garlic death breath at work)
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 tsp. honey
1. Make the avocado sauce: put your 1/2 avocado, Coriander/cilantro, lime juice, chopped garlic, olive oil, honey and sea salt into a bowl and mash it all up together
2. Put your beans, salsa and cumin in a bowl and microwave for a minute until warm. Mash it all together roughly
3. Cop your toppings such as tomato, lettuce, avocado etc
4. Warm your torilla’s lightly in either the microwave or sit them on top of your toaster for 30 seconds while it’s on
5. Put together your awesome tacos by spooning on some of your bean mix, toppings and avocado dressing
6. Roll up your warm soft taco and devour!!!
There are loads of different ways to customize this dish to your liking! You could:
1. Add some grated cheese to the top of your bean mix so it melts slightly.
2. Put a dollop of sour cream/crème fraîche on top with some spring onions chopped through it
3. Add some spicy bacon or chorizo sausage for an extra kick
4. Put some Chilli in your bean mix or top with some Tabasco sauce
Enjoy! and thanks to The Garden Grazer website for their inspiration for this post, they have some amazing recipes so check them out!!