Pikelets (or mini pancakes) are without a doubt one of the most satisfying breakfasts you could possibly make at work! This one will surely make your work colleagues jealous and it’s so simple to make and cook! All you need is a handful of basic ingredients and away you go! For an even simpler and quicker breakfast there is a way to cheat on this recipe, see the bottom of the article.
It’s worth noting that the below recipe will make about 10 ore more decent sized pikelets so you may want to share them around or just eat them all yourself!!!
What you need:
1 cup of Self Raising Flour
3/4 cup of Milk
1 tablespoon of Caster sugar
handful of fresh or frozen raspberries
bottle of the finest maple syrup you can find!
1. Put your flour, sugar and a pinch of salt into a bowl and mix together
2. Mix your milk and egg together in another bowl and then add to the flour mixture and combine until it’s smooth
3. Add some butter to your hot sandwich press plate
4. Put dollops of your mixture on your sandwich press plate, once it starts to bubble then flip over onto the other side. You just want each side to have a light golden colour
5. Once your pikelets are ready then stack them on a plate and put butter on top so it melts. Add plenty of your raspberries and then drizzle everything with a generous amount of awesome maple syrup
Rather than stuffing around with flour and eggs and sugar etc you can just buy a bottle of pancake mix from the shop, Add water, shake and go! Then all you need is literally a bottle of pancake mix, raspberries, butter and maple syrup!
1. Sprinkle your pikelets with some brown sugar and drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice (This is amazing!!)
2. Use a mixture of berries such as blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
3. Put a dust of icing sugar over everything to make it look like a million dollars and add a little sweetness
Enjoy!! if you like our recipes then please post a comment below, we would love to hear from you!